Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Fini
























Training is officially over. Friday begins the Instructor evaluation. It is a three day event. This will take place in New Braunfels, Texas. The Comal river will be the site of open water evaluation.


These many months have brought many changes to the three divers;
Mike, Gary and Tina


It is my hope that the transition from divemaster to instructor has been one of discovery and enjoyment. I think I can say with certainty that becoming an instructor is not the end, but rather the beginning. It is a license to learn--- everything!


For me, I expect each to complete the evaluation as a formality only. An opportunity for a course director to see thoroughly trained and knowledgeable instructor candidates who only need a signature to become scuba instructors.


The greatest joy a teacher can have, is seeing the student become a better teacher than he or she is. I fully expect and look forward to this.


Good Luck this weekend. But as I like to say "Luck is not a factor".


You three have sacrificed much to be where you are. I recognize this. Make it worthwhile.


Dean Pennington II

No comments: